This absurdly simple meal would simply be absurd if it wasn’t so bloody delicious. A Bill Granger recipe, this is on high rotation in our house throughout the winter months. Because it is such outstanding value for money, treat yourself and get the best sausages you can find.
- 6-8 Italian sausages
- 800 g small waxy potatoes, scrubbed and sliced into quarters
- 1½ tsp paprika
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices ciabatta bread (use another homestyle bread if you want)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup (a good handful) flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- steamed vegetables, to serve
Preheat the oven to 200°C.
Slice the sausages into 4cm pieces and place in a large casserole or baking dish. Add the potatoes, paprika, rosemary, thyme leaves, whole garlic cloves, sea salt and pepper.
Tear the bread, crusts and all, into bite size pieces and add to the roasting tray. Drizzle over the oil and gently toss to combine.
Place in the oven and cook, stirring occasionally, for 30-40 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the sausages and bread are golden brown.
Top with parsley and serve with steamed vegetables, some ratatouille or a green salad.
$7.75 for four people